DAY Cost Management are recruiting again!
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor’s to join our dynamic Cost Management Consultancy, based on Deansgate, Manchester. DAY CM specialises in the Health, Learn, Work, Live and Community sectors. Since its creation back in August 2019, DAY CM has continued to secure a number of short, medium and long term contracts across a variety of work sectors, which will offer a varied and interesting level of work portfolio for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing
As QS, you will be responsible for all aspects of pre and post contract quantity surveying services, whilst showing a high level of technical capability and sound commercial knowledge. You’ll also be working on a wide range of projects within the Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Waste to Energy sectors.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Qualified or working towards MRICS with an appropriate degree or minimum 4 years professional experience
- Professional experience within a consultancy environment
- Previous healthcare experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of cost management / quantity surveying duties, with experience of NEC and JCT forms of contract
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as part of an experienced team.
- Be capable of taking a project through from inception to completion
- To attend design team and site progress meetings as required.
- Experience in preparing detailed cost estimates,
- Experience in preparation of tender documents.
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts and financial reports.
- Checking valuations
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we can offer you
- 26 days annual leave;
- Competitive salary – dependent upon experience;
- Mobile phone
- Employer Pension Scheme;
- Payment of annual RICS professional fees;
- Early finish FriDAY;
- Flexible Working ethos – ability to work from home / remotely;
- Fantastic, collaborative workplace environment;
- Varied and interesting project portfolio;
- To be part of the continued growth and development of DAY CM, which is founded upon expertise, experience, capability and dedication.
Interested applicants should forward their CV to